Sugar, Grain and Dairy-Free Chocolate Carrot Cake
I have a sweet tooth. I love desserts but I know (and try to remember) how bad I feel after eating a "regular" dessert, especially if I have it for breakfast.
This chocolate carrot cake is low-carb, sugar, gluten, grain and dairy-free and is rich in healthy fats. Despite not having gluten, it maintains a fluffy texture and the chocolatey taste is a delicious party for your taste buds!
300 gr carrots - grated
50 gr (1/2 cup) desiccated unsweetened coconut
180 gr (1 and 1/2 cups) almond flour
30 gr (2 tbsp) granulated sweetener of choice (I used Erythritol)
1 tsp stevia
25 gr (4 tbsp) unsweetened cacao powder
2 tsp cinnamon
3 tsp baking powder
85% dark chocolate chips (optional)
125 gr (4-5 tbsp) coconut oil - melted
2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 180 C - 350 F
2. Grate the carrots using a manual grater or a food processor
3. Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl or a food processor
4. Add eggs, melted coconut oil and vanilla extract until you have a thick, consistent batter (if you want to add chocolate chips, do so now)
5. Cover a 9-inch/22 cm baking pan with baking paper and pour the batter. Spread evenly
6. Bake for 40-50 minutes. Leave the cake in the pan for about half an hour before serving
Keep the cake at room temperature. Cover it with a cloth, paper towel or kitchen foil to keep it moist.
Do you need some motivation to get and stay healthy?
to my newsletter to receive practical tips on how to fit healthy into your busy life!
Your health transformation starts here.