Kale, kale, kale... everyone seems to be talking about kale!
Like all the dark leafy greens, kale has tons of benefits (anti-inflammatory, detoxifying, rich in antioxidants), but due to its texture I've always found it hard to incorporate it into my meals…until I tried this easy recipe. Have the kale as a side or just snack on it!
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Serves: 2 people
1 bunch of kale
2 tbsp extra-vergin olive oil
2 cloves of garlic
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Lemon, 1 squeeze
Sea salt (to taste)
1. Pre-heat oven to 390 F (200 C)
2. Remove the leaves from the stems and wash them thoroughly. Wrap the kale in a cloth to remove the extra water.
3. Place the kale in a bowl with olive oil, salt and a squeeze of lemon and "massage" it for about one minute to make it more tender.
4. Peel the garlic, cut it longitudinally and add it to the kale.
5. Cover a baking tray with parchment paper and distribute the kale evenly. The less the leaves overlap the crispier they'll get!
6. Bake for 15 minutes.
7. Drizzle the balsamic vinegar and bake for another couple of minutes or until crispy.
For kale chips, bake for an extra 5 minutes or until crispy.
Do you need some motivation to get and stay healthy?
to my newsletter to receive practical tips on how to fit healthy into your busy life!
Your health transformation starts here.