Sunday mornings call for... BAKING! Who doesn't want to be treated with a sweet breakfast during the weekend? Well, I certainly do and so does my husband, who is "thrilled" to look after the baby when that means that I'm in the kitchen making something good for the family. This is a sugar-free, grain-free, gluten-free and dairy-free recipe that will not disappoint!
Yield: 12 muffins
Prep time: 10 mins
Baking time: 25-30 mins
1 cup (120 gr) almond flour
1/3 cup (40 gr) organic unsweetened cacao powder
1/2 cup (90 gr) erythritol
2 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup (80 gr) coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup (100 gr) unsweetened almond or coconut milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 bar (100 gr) 90% Dark Chocolate (for chocolate chips, optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F/ 180 C.
2. Place cupcakes liners in a 12 cup muffin tin and set aside.
3. In a bowl, mix almond flour, cacao powder, erythritol and baking powder.
4. Add eggs, coconut oil (melted), vanilla extract, milk and mix thoroughly.
5. Optional: place chocolate bar in food processor and pulse until the chocolate is in chip-sized shards. Add the chips to the batter and mix.
6. Using a spoon, scoop the batter into a 12-cup muffin tin and bake for about 25-30 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Do you want the muffins to taste even better? Top them with some almond butter or other unsweetened nut butter of your choice (I use this one-ingredient almond butter).
Storage Tips: Place the muffins in an airtight container or cover them with a kitchen towel to keep them fresh and moist.
Do you need some motivation to get and stay healthy?
to my newsletter to receive practical tips on how to fit healthy into your busy life!
Your health transformation starts here.
Francesca Deane is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.